The 50th anniversary of the graduation year of the Class of 1969 – 1972 is over. And what a celebration it was over six days! Needless to say, the success of the event was a team effort, not just in the planning but in the execution.
The planning team – all volunteers despite the benefit of sound advice and experience to the contrary – could not have put together and delivered the program without significant help from many. We have been more than adequately thanked for our efforts: we would like to record our heartfelt thanks to:
- Tony McKenna for ‘The Book’;
- Paddy Cullinan, for picking up and organizing the ‘Return to Araluen’;
- Brian Chalmers for preparing the Memorial Service and then delivering it. Thanks also to Rowan Tracey for his contribution to the Service;
- John McNamara for his detailed planning and then smooth conducting of our Monday night dinner, and for his segment of ‘This is your life’;
- John’s interviewees: Jon Mander-Jones, Tony McLeod, Geoff Hay and Brenda Elliott;
- Paddy Ryan for his perspicacious and humorous interviews of some of our Class characters;
- Paddy’s interlocutors Tom Cobley, Pat Cullinan, Don Muirhead and Jan Loughrey; and
- The presenters of the toasts: Brian Chalmers, Rowan Tracey, Peter Teys and Maurie Meecham.
A ‘Thank you’ has been sent to RMC Protocol, Bob Crawshaw, representing the RMC Tour guides, the RMC Museum Manager, and the events manager at The Rex.
And lastly, a sincere Thank You to all who attended the anniversary celebrations – classmates and partners. Without doubt it was the manner in which all participated that made the program enjoyable for all and therefore special. Indeed a ‘Class with class.’
Steve, Warwick, Kym and David